Friday, November 17, 2017

Global Days of Delurk 2017 (Day 1)


Time has run so fast – it's LOL-Day again! As our long-time readers know, this day is special to us because on LOL-Day 2008 I wrote my first-ever comment on this blog (under my former nickname K'Ehleyr). It was my first-ever comment on any blog and the first time I reached out to other kinksters. Ludwig had started blogging at the beginning of 2008, so that was his first LOL-Day as a blogger, too.

He was very happy to see that he had two genuine delurkers on that day who had never commented on his blog before. Ludwig had a very wrong idea of who I might be, though, because he didn't know where my nickname was from (if you love Star Trek and the Klingons as much as I do, you'll have a better clue than he did). I wrote that I am from Germany, and the name sounded Turkish to Ludwig, so he thought I might be a kinky German male with a Turkish heritage.


His picture changed when I wrote him an email shortly afterwards in which I told him more about me. I remember how nervous and excited I was when I hit the send button for my comment on LOL-Day. I had just recently found out that the fantasies which I had been having my whole life belonged to a kink called erotic spanking which was shared by many other people. Then Ludwig wrote in his next blog post how happy he had been about the lurkers who had taken the plunge and said hello, and I became confident enough to write him a personal email, even though I still felt somehow inadequate because I had no experience with all this.

One email turned into a wonderful email conversation, not only about kink, but about many other topics as well. Around Christmas 2008, I finally found the courage to ask Ludwig whether he would like to meet in person and maybe – if the chemistry turned out to be right – lead me through my first-ever experience with adult erotic spanking.

The rest is history. In short, we planned and played out a great spanking initiation ritual, including Klingon paintings, a trust fall, torches and a tea ceremony. A few weeks later we officially became a couple and our kinky journey continued. I started writing about my experiences on this blog and we published our first kinky video together. We met other kinksters and made more videos, among them one with fellow kinky blogger Leia-Ann Woods in which I topped Ludwig for the first time on camera. We visited the Shadow Lane party and even shot a few clips for Pandora / Blake's site Dreams of Spanking.

But not only our kinky journey continued, our journey as a couple did as well. After having been in a long-distance relationship for several years, we're now finally married and live together. As I already wrote in my last post on the occasion of my eighth blogiversary, my interest in spanking (and Ludwig's, too!) has of course decreased after many years of practising my kink. It's not as new and exciting anymore as it was on LOL-Day back in 2008. We are still kinky, though, and we enjoy knowing each other so well now (not only kink-wise) and having become such a great team.

Due to my recent health problems and a medical emergency in our family, this has been our worst year of blogging so far when it comes to the number of posts we published. So, I don't know how many people are still reading our blog and how many silent lurkers are among them. And I have no idea whether anyone who is really new to the world of erotic spanking has found our blog in the recent time.

But if you are out there and ponder whether you should take the plunge and say hello, I would like to wholeheartedly invite you and encourage you to write a comment on this post! It doesn't have to be long and you don't have to share anything you don't feel comfortable sharing.

I remember how scary it was to write my first comment in 2008, but I can tell you that we definitely appreciate hearing from fellow kinksters we haven't talked to before, and especially if you are new to all this. Of course long-time readers (and commenters) are invited to write a comment, too, it's always good to know you are still out there.

Let me end this post by thanking all of you, no matter whether you are a silent lurker or an avid commenter, for reading and accompanying Ludwig and me on our journey! A special thank you goes to Bonnie who invented LOL-Day and thereby brought Ludwig and me together and to Hermione who hosts LOL-Day 2017 and makes sure the tradition continues.


Tomorrow I will publish another LOL-Day post. It will tell you about a fictional spanking story I am currently writing and will give you the chance to participate in the creative process. So, please stay tuned, I would love to hear your creative ideas!

26 comments:

Domhnall the Second said...

It's very early in the morning here. Reading your post is a great way to start the day. Thank you.

Kaelah said...

@ Domhnall the Second:
A good morning to you and thank you for being the first one to write a comment! :-)

Terpsichore said...

Just stopping by to say hello and happy LOL Day. I believe this might be my first time visiting here. Hope you have fun and get lots of visitors to join in the celebration. :-) Best wishes, Terpsichore

Kaelah said...

@ Terpsichore:
It looks to me like this is indeed your first comment on our blog. Thank you very much for stopping by and a Happy LOL-Day to you, too!

ronnie said...

Kaelah, Happy LOL days. So good to see you posting. I lurk here more than I comment but always enjoy reading your posts.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Fondles said...

Hi there, it's my first visit too and what a great day to meet your blog! Happy LOL day. I have Hermione to thank for sending me here via her LOL day links!

Kaelah said...

@ Ronnie:
Thank you for stopping by and commenting! I am a regular lurker on your blog, too. :-)

@ Fondles:
It's a pleasure to meet you! Thank you for saying hello. I wish you a wonderful LOL-Day, too!

an English Rose said...

Hi Kaelah, I am so happy that you and Ludwig have had such a happy ending
love Jan, xx

Kaelah said...

@ An English Rose:
Thank you very much for your kind comment and a Happy LOL-Day to you, Jan!

Lindy Thomas said...

Hello Kaelah, Happy lol days. Loved reading your story about you and Ludwig meeting. Hope you meet lots of new readers over these two days.
Hugs Lindy
from DOWNUNDER DREAMING

Eric51Amy49 said...

My first time here too! Love our lurkers day is great fun.
Amy

Cat said...

Happy LOL days from a lurker...loved reading your story...am a sucker for happy endings. :)

Hugs and blessings...Cat

Anonymous said...

Happy LOL Day! Lots of great stuff to read here.

Rod of The Canery

Kaelah said...

@ Lindy Thomas:
Thanks a lot for your kind comment. A Happy LOL-Day to you as well! :-)

@ Amy:
Welcome and thank you very much for saying hello!

@ Cat:
Thank you very much for stopping by and for your sweet comment. :-)

@ thecanery:
Rod, thanks a lot for your kind comment! I am very thankful for your site with all those M/M stories. It's amazing how many stories you have written over time!

Baker said...

I am among those who have never popped over to say, hello! I love your story! That is one of the coolest love stories I have ever heard! Happy LOL day!
--Baker

Kaelah said...

@ Baker:
Welcome, thank you very much for stopping by and for your kind comment! I am happy that you enjoyed reading our story. :-)

King said...

Hello Kaelah,
Came across your Blog on Hermione's Blog. Happy LOL

Kaelah said...

@ King:
Thank you for stopping by and a Happy LOL-Day to you as well!

Diary of Daisy said...

Aww that is so amazing!
Happy LOL day 😊

Katie said...

Hi Kaelah! :) I've been by, on this lovely occasion before. It's nice to visit again!

Loved reading your special story, about how you and Ludwig met, as well as where it all led. How wonderful! Sorry to hear that you had a tough year. I hope that things are looking up in that realm, and that all is going well. Wishing you a happy LOL Day! Many hugs,

<3 Katie

Kaelah said...

@ Diary of Daisy:
Thanks a lot for your kind comment and a Happy LOL-Day to you, too!

@ Katie:
Thank you so much for your kind words! Things are already much better, my health has improved and our ill family member is feeling much better. Wishing you a wonderful LOL-Day, too, and a great weekend!

Downunder Don said...

Hi Kaelah,
After all those years I am still glad that you keep this blog going. Hope all your medical issues are resolved and I am eagerly waiting for the story

Kaelah said...

@ Downunder Don:
Thank you very much for being such an avid commenter! Not all medical issues are resolved, but things are much better now. I hope you will like the final story (I still love your phrase)! You can make a few more suggestions if you like (just take a look at my second LOL-Day post).

Enzo said...

Hi Kaelah,
I believe I have visited before, years ago but not sure if I ever commented. I love your story on how you and Ludwig met and how it all ended up. Gives me hope.
I will have to come back and reread some of you past posts.
All the best,
Enzo


Spearthrower said...

Not exactly a de-lurker, but great to see the blog alive. I check most weeks for activity.

Kaelah said...

@ Enzo:
Thank you very much for stopping by and for your kind comment! :-) Sorry that it took me so long to write a reply!

@ Spearthrower:
You are indeed not exactly a delurker! Thank you very much for being such a regular reader and commenter despite the fact that we don't manage to publish a new post as often as we used to. :-)