Friday, November 14, 2008

More Memetics

"Love Our Lurkers Day" on November 11th (or the "Global Day of Delurk", as I called it here) was a fun success for most of the kinky blogs involved. I received a high number of comments by my standards - thank you to everyone who took the time to write.

Some of them came from other bloggers like Bonnie, who organised LOL day (a special thanks for that as well), or Dr. Ken of Spanking Minnesota, or Todd and Suzy of the American Spanking Society. On an occasion like this, we are a bit like talk show hosts who trade trips to each others' shows. It's always nice to be appreciated by one's fellow writers. But I'm happier still about seeing some thoroughbred (ex-) lurkers come out into the open, like Rachel or K'Ehleyr, who said that this was the first comment they ever left on a spanking blog. That is what Delurk Day is all about.

In any case, it was fun to take part in the event. Hell, I even changed my usual "every four days" posting routine to do so! To repair the ensuing glitches in the matrix, you are getting this post a little early, restoring the original sequence. I'm going to tell you a little bit about myself this time - I figure now that I've heard from so many of you, it's your turn to learn some new tidbits about me.

Spanked Hortic aka Prefectdt has tagged me with a new internet meme. I did one before in Seven Vices and a Survey. This time, the number seven is involved again, even though the task at hand isn't quite so extensive. The rules are:

- link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog
- share seven facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird
- tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog
- let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

That sounds easy enough. Here are seven weird and random clues to the identity of the man known as Ludwig:

1. Even though I grew up in Munich, Germany, I was not born here. I'm also told that my moment of conception happened when my parents were vacationing in South America.

2. I've always had a passion for history. The first real book I ever read in my life (discounting childrens picture books) was the biography of a famous German explorer.

3. I got my first personal computer at the age of 10 and learned English entirely from computer games - mostly text adventures and fantasy RPG's. By the time we got the subject in school, I was already fluent.

4. In Gymnasium (the German equivalent of high school), I had long hair and dressed in lumberjack shirts and other grunge fashion. It was the 1990's, "Generation X" and all that...

5. I have travelled all five continents. Well, except for the sixth one, Antarctica, but I fully intend to do that one day. And I'll travel into space, too.

6. During my final university year, I smoked two packs of cigarettes per day, then quit abruptly - one of the 3-5% of people who manage to do so through willpower alone. The first week was utter hell, though.

7. I always score INFJ on the Jung Typology Test. The type is usually called "The Counselor" (or "The Conspiracy Theorist" in the comedic version).

I'm tagging these seven other bloggers with the meme: Michal "Altair" Valášek of Lupus Pictures, Amelia-Jane Rutherford, Apple of Marks and Stripes, Irelynn and Smudge of Freshly Spanked, Jenni of My Dirty Little Secret, and Tom of Punished Butts.

5 comments:

! said...

Hey Ludwig,
Does your blog have a subscribe button? Maybe I'm just blind...

SPANKEDHORTIC said...

Interesting answers especially the first one. Are you not a Bavarian after all?

Prefectdt

Ludwig said...

Rachel: The blog did not have a subscribe button before, but I added one now (on the right). I hope it is working alright.

Prefectdt: That depends on how you define "Bavarian". I grew up here ever since I was a small child, so I am certainly Bavarian in terms of mentality / culture. Actually, I suppose I am more accurately described as a Munich resident - we are a bit different from and more urban than the typical rural / small town Bavarian.

"Genetically", though, I'm only a quarter-Bavarian. The other three quarters are from different parts of central Europe.

Anonymous said...

" - famous German explorer."
Must be Alexander von Humboldt, yes? In Central Havana they have a street named after him, I used to live there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_von_Humboldt

Ludwig said...

It's a good guess. After all, Alexander von Humboldt is arguably the most famous German explorer of all time. He is not the only one, though. So I'm going to use a line which politicians and diplomats like to use: "I will neither confirm nor deny this."